- By Revite
- In ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS, ARCHITECTURE, BUILDING, CONSTRUCTION, HOUSE EXTENSIONS, INTERIOR DESIGNING
Green Homes Grant is a grant given by the government in England to homeowners or residential landlords towards the cost of installing energy-efficient measures and improvements. These improvements can include insulation of your home to help reduce energy consumption or instating low-carbon heating to lower the production of carbon dioxide.
You must redeem the voucher and ensure improvements are completed by 31 March 2022.
Eligibility criteria for Green Homes Grant are:
- You are residing in England
- You own your home (includes long-leaseholders and shared owners)
- You own your own park home on a residential site (includes Gypsy and Travelers sites)
- You are a residential landlord in either private or social rented decor (includes local authorities and housing associations)
This scheme does not apply to newly built houses that have not been occupied before.
How much does the grant contribute?
These vouchers can cover two-thirds of the cost of improvements with the maximum amount to be £5,000. Those who receive benefits or have a member in your household with benefits may be eligible for a voucher to cover 100 percent of the cost of improvements with the maximum value of the voucher to be £10,000.
What can the voucher contribute to?
The voucher is to be used for home improvements that enable your home to produce fewer toxins in form of carbon dioxide and consume less energy. The improvements can be categorized into major and minor measures. The voucher has to be used to install at least one major/primary measure such as:
- Solid wall insulation for external or internal walls
- Under-floor insulation
- Cavity wall insulation • Loft insulation
- Flat roof insulation • Pitched roof insulation
- Insulation of a park home
B) Low carbon heat
- Air source heat pump • Ground source heat pump
- Solar thermal (liquid-filled flat plate or evacuated tube collector)
- Biomass boiler
- Hybrid heat pump Minor or Secondary measures can be redeemed only after you have installed a primary/major measure.
Minor/secondary measures that the voucher may be able to contribute to are:
I) Windows and doors
- Draught proofing
- Double or triple glazing (where replacing single glazing)
- Secondary glazing (in addition to single glazing)
- Energy-efficient replacement doors (replacing single glazed or solid doors installed before 2002)
II) Heating controls and insulation
- Hot water tank thermostat
- Hot water tank insulation
- Heating controls (such as appliance thermostats, smart heating controls, zone controls, intelligent delayed start thermostat, thermostatic radiator valves)
The voucher covers the cost, labor, and VAT. However, you or anyone in your family as not do the labor or install any of the measures. All works covered by the voucher must be completed by a Trust Mark registered installer who is also registered with Green Homes scheme. The installer also needs to meet PAS and MCS standards while installing any measures.
Method to apply:
Once you have made sure you are eligible for the voucher, we suggest you have a thorough search on improvements you can do to achieve a healthier environment through your home. Look into what sort of measures you want to take to improve energy consumption and carbon emission. Once you have decided on the measures, we suggest you take 3 quotations to get the best price making sure at least one of them is a Green Homes Grant registered installer.
You can look for more than one installer for different measures. The application for the voucher is only going to be one but you have to provide quotes for all measures.
To apply you need the following:
- Name and date of birth of the property owner or owners
- Name and date of birth of anyone living in the property who is receiving benefits (to apply for a grant up to 10,000£)
- A quote for the work/measures from a Trust Mark-registered tradesperson
- Trust Mark license number of your chosen tradesperson
Once you have applied, wait for its results. Applying does not mean your voucher will be granted. Once you receive your voucher (you will get a different voucher for each measure), then only start work by the installer. The vouchers are valid till 31st March 2022.
After completion of works:
Your installer needs to provide the following to you:
- Invoice — a dated copy of the invoice showing supply and installation cost for a measure. One invoice per measure is required.
- A certificate for energy efficiency improvement measures.
- Guarantee document from the installer
- MCS certificate and manufacturer instructions (e.g. in case you installed low carbon heating measure)
- Biomass Suppliers List in case of biomass-fueled low carbon heating system.
How to cash/redeem your voucher:
You need the following to redeem your voucher:
- Reference number (received when you apply for the grant)
- Postcode of the property where the measure has been installed.
- The email address that you used to make your application
- Your voucher number
- The final cost of the measure (including VAT)
- Digital copy of your dated invoice. You need 1 invoice per measure
You also have to confirm that the installation was finished satisfactorily, you have received certification documents from installer/s, you have paid your share if applicable.
When you redeem the voucher, money will directly be paid to the installer(s).
To apply for a Green Homes Grant, please visit
Revite is a true one-stop solution provider for all your architectural and construction-related needs. We invite you to experience our services first hand while maintaining a high reputation for providing quality architectural, building construction, maintenance work by remaining principled, independent, and profitable. Over 75% of new business enquires are by referral, which confirms our professionalism and expertise. With over 15 years of experience, we have proved our self as one of the UK’s best architectural and construction companies. Revite is among the preferred choice of residents. If you have any type of planning permission, architectural design, or building-related work query, please call our dedicated team for help and free quotation 01753 376991 or send us Query Online. We are always here to welcome your queries.